Monday, May 04, 2009

Glorious Peak District

I've been doing so many walks in the Barnsley area recently that I've been a stranger to the Peak District, especially the White Peak. Yesterday that was remedied in the shape of a reunion of colleagues from my first ever school. A very special lot they are too! We had a lovely walk from Youlgreave, organised by Pete, who lied about the hills, but we forgave him. As much time was spent chatting and catching up with friends from long ago, the fantastic scenery, although it was a wonderful backdrop to the day, did not get my full attention, and the wildlife was largely out of the corner of my eye. I did see an Orange Tip - something I hadn't seen for a while, and one very special highlight was this slow worm basking by the side of the round. Slow worms don't give much away, but I imagine it was bemused by the attention it got.

No comments: